Special Collections as Social Collections: Promoting Libraries and Museums through Social Media
Please join Chicago Collections for a short panel discussion followed by an interactive workshop exploring ways to create engagement with distinctive collections and archives.
In this workshop, we will:
- Discuss the integration of social media activities within a larger communications strategy, including examples of successes and challenges in social media messaging
- Consider the importance of outreach and promotion strategies for varying outcomes and audiences
- Explore best practices for promoting awareness and engagement with resources, collections and services
- Examine issues related to platform limitations and advantages
- Identify opportunities for inter-institutional and organizational collaborations
This event is open to all librarians, archivists, and museum educators at Chicago Collections member institutions who seek to promote their resources, and may be of special interest to education librarians, public librarians, special collections librarians, and archivists. It will take place on Friday, July 21st, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the University of Illinois at Chicago's Daley Library (801 S. Morgan), and is provided completely free of charge to staff at Chicago Collections member institutions.
Those seeking to sign-up should email firstname.lastname@example.org.