Unique Archival Resources For Genealogy Research
Free and open to the public
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Doors to the lower level Reception Hall open at 5 p.m. and seating is available first come, first serve.
Harold Washington Library Center Reception Hall
Chicago Public Library
Join Chicago Area Archivists and Chicago Collections Consortium for an informative session on conducting genealogy research using unique archival collections. In this panel presentation, archivists and collection managers will share perspectives from their rich archival holdings and will provide new approaches to genealogy research. Connect with fellow Chicago-area researchers and leave with a set of resources to mine when searching for ancestry information.
· Jerice Barrios, Archives of the North American Province of the Cenacle
· Pat Bearden, International Society of Sons and Daughters of Slave Ancestry
· Andrew Leith, Chicago Cultural Alliance
· Janet Olson, Frances Willard House, and Northwestern University Archives
· Nathalie Wheaton, Rush University Medical Center Archives
Thank you to our host site Harold Washington Library Center, Chicago Public Library.